Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Family Home Evening

James and I had family home evening last night. He continually amazes me with his insight. I told him the lesson was on our Heavenly Father so he got to pick the songs. He picked "A Child's Prayer" for the opening and "I Am a Child of God" for the closing...without any prompting from me.

The last line in the lesson manual is: Ponder what you can do to draw nearer to God. We talked about it for a minute then I told James I was going to try to have more meaningful personal prayers. He said that he was going to stop all electronics and playing with friends on Sunday. He told me he felt Sabbath (his words) worship was the best way he could draw nearer to God, because it is His day after all.

He is only seven, and he is teaching me life lessons I should have learned a long, long time ago. His testimony astonishes me. I am thanking the Lord for sending him into our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Some days all you need it to talk to them. Its strange how they can say things you'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete