Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Recovery

I'm pondering on my recovery and how I went from being hospitalized for multiple weeks each year to being quite independent. Last year I only spent three days in hospital and this year, so far, none.

My conclusion is:
- a wonderful doctor who is interested in me and actually researched my meds and made me promise not to go off them.
- exercise (I'm embarrassed to admit I exercise with my 78 year old father's seniors class. Those seniors are in GOOD shape.)
- service (I'm involved in Parent Council, I'm on the soccer board, I volunteer at the senior's exercise group and I'm a cub leader.)
- activity (I work in the temple every Thursday for an hour or so, and I attend group therapy sessions twice a week. These things get me up, dressed and out of the house.)
- grooming (I've put a lot of thought into this one. I believe on the days I get up, get dressed and do my hair, I feel like I can face almost anything.)
- a clean house (I will admit I have a cleaner come in twice a week. These are my circumstances, I can afford one.

These are the changes I have made in the past two years and I am no longer afraid.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Raymond,Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment