Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stephanie Neilson

As I sit in my chair, deep in pain, feeling sorry for myself, I turn to the LDS website. I haven't been able to go to church today, so I feel I need some sort of lift. I click on the video. It is about forgiveness. I can relate. I've dealt much with forgivness. Then I click on another video. It is about a boys home which is non-LDS that received help from the church. Again, I can relate. I love to give to those in need.

Then I click on another video. My New Life with Stephanie Neilson. It is about a woman who was in an airplane crash and severely burned. She survived and now counts her blessings daily. I too am scarred, only my scars are not visible on the outside. I feel bad even comparing myself to her, she deals with so much each day. Stephanie's Blog

I'm grateful to Stephanie for making me realize that there are other things in life to be grateful for. For a husband who loves me. A beautiful son to fill my life where there would otherwise be emptiness. For parents who treasure me. For siblings who would do anything for me, and their spouses who have accepted and (I think) grown to love my eccentricities. For neices and nephews who allow their aunt to shower them with love, and return that love. For all the love that is shown me...

No comments:

Post a Comment