Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weirdness and Acceptance

Sometimes I forget I'm bipolar. The other day I went to a movie highly recommended by a friend. I was so excited to see it. I watched all the trailers and read the reviews. I felt I was ready for an awesome experience.

It was terrible. I couldn't follow the story-line. That NEVER happens...well...almost never. It only happens when I am going into a mania. I was so oblivious that it was coming that I didn't even realize it. And to top it all off, I got lost on the way home.

ME LOST!!! Again, NEVER happens...well...almost never. I can recall only a couple of times I have gotten lost. Both times I was approaching a mania.

How come, after all these years of living with this disease, I cannot read the signs? I'm just living my life, blissfully, unaware (or trying to be unaware) that there is anything wrong with me.

THANK GOODNESS FOR FAMILY!!!! I was reminded that maybe I was going 'high' or 'low'. Duh. When this happened before, I would get so embarrassed, I would hide and not show my face for a couple of months. Not now. I am loved and accepted for who I am, and what I have. I cannot express my gratitude for that acceptance.

2 comments: